- the term career means job or occupation, pattern of work, work related activities
- people build careers to earn a living, helping others
- career can determine where you live, what friends you make , your education...
- to choose a career field you have to know your abilities, interests and goals, the training needed, the income, prospects of employment...
TRAINING NEEDED – the amount of preparation ( can be a few hours or years of
education at a highschool). Some occupations require several
years of experience. JOB PPROSPECTS – there are many departments that analyse the
current trends of employment. Trends alter,
depending on the political, economic or cultural
situation and demands of a country. The latest
trends include languages, politics, internal
relationships, trade, jobs related to computers. SPECIAL ABILITIES – some occupations call for physical demands, artistic talet, as
weel as look, physical strength...
ADVENCEMENT - in exploring various occupations, one should examine possible
paterns of promotion known as career paths.
SOCIAL STATUS - some people who value status seek it trough highly regarded
occupations. - there are cca. 25 000 occupations + new ones are developing
- all occupations can be classified into 4 groups. White-collar worker (similar to an office worker), blue collar worker (similar to factory worker), farm worker (involves being in farm managemant and labour), service worker (include jobs such as cook, hairstylist...).
Ďaľšie referáty z kategórie
|Referát vhodný pre:||Stredná odborná škola||Počet A4:||1.1|
|Priemerná známka:||2.97||Rýchle čítanie:||1m 50s|
|Pomalé čítanie:||2m 45s|