Communication and its forms
This topic is about body language and gestures, speaking face to face
C trough ages
- Early African people communicated over long distances by using drum beats
- fire and smoke signals have been use since the 12th century
- quick delivery mail coaches were introduced in Britain in 1784
- in 1790 a system of sending messages – semaphore was devised
- nowadays, people can send messages from even the most remote places by using a places by using a portable, you can fit one in a suitcane.
For C people use:
- language – system of sounds, words, patters
- system of signs, symbols (traffic signs)
- music as the universal language
- a complex body language of gestures, postures and facial expressions (non-verbal C)
- any action that sends a visual signal to an onlooker
- primary gesture – hunting with hands
- secondary gesture – to sneeze
( primary – breathing problems, secondary – warming catching a cold)
- symbolic gesture – use hands and show symbols, insalting gesture
- different cultures have different symbolic gestures.
When we touch with both fingers on our hand – thumb with forefinger – we show that everything is OK
To show middle finger, it means vulgarly gesture. For example - Go to the hell!
- belongs to mass media
- is a never-ending worldwide conversation
- in 1969 American experts developed ARPAnet, grandfather to the Internet. It was used for military information
- first connection between computers weren’t successful.
- Benefits of ARPAnet were – electronic email (we can send messages to other people on net)
- ARPAnet was shut down in 1990, since that we have had Internet.
- Email was invented in 1971 by Ray Tomlinson.
- Internet can be use for shopping, banking, bill paying, communicating with family, friends
- Software – programs used to operate a computer
- Hardware – all machines use
- Website – a location where information is published on the world
- On-line – connected to the internet
- Downloading – moving date from the internet on a computer network into a personal computer
Negatives of internet:
- = a lack of censorship, without any control
- = internet addiction
- = misuse of internet for pornography, trafficking in people...
-the person who uses email – user
-when you want to see your email ,you must type your user name and password
-they protect your email – login – it is a word that you can choose, you keep it secret from other people, without it you cannot get to your email password