Toto je preklad referátu uverejneného na tejto stránke -- Spišský hrad (viď odkaz pod referátom)
The ruins of the castle are situated in the district of Spišská Nová Ves on an expressive traventin cliff in a hight of 634 m above Spišské podhradie in Hornad hollow. It´s the greatest castle of SR as well as of the whole central Europe.
The hill of the ruins was inhabited already in 5th and 4th century B. C. During the period of Middle Age and modern era lived 2000 persons on the castle – masters, servants and armed forces. It arised probably in the 12th century on the place of a Slovanic castle, in written document in 1209. The castle was a fortress from the 12th to 18th centuries. It resisted the atacks of the Tatars in the beginning of the 13th century. The original king´s castle belonged to the Zápoľský family from 1465, later Thurzov and Czáky families. The castle burnt down in 1780 and it lost its importance.
On the 5 courtyards are ruins of objects from 13th – 17th centuries. The oldest object was the big residential tower preserved just in the foundations built before 1200. The next important object of the romaincastle is the defence tower – 19, 25 m high with a perimeter of 40 m and the Khight palace. Since 1969 there is a complex archeological architectonic and artistic-historical research on the castle. More objects are in tinning. The oldest romain palace will be covered with a straight roof and in the chapel there will be an exposition of archeological findings which were fouded by the excavations. The areal of the castle was admittanced in 1983 – the lower courtyard which is 4000 m2 large. In it dominate the bases of the circle fortress which was built by Jiskras army after conquest of the castle and the bases of a cult building from the time of Púchov culture, bases of a semircircle barbakan from the second half of the 14th century, and the bases of farm buildings from the 17th century. In the upper castle there were following exposition areas reconstructed:
1. a renaissance corridor, 2. the west gothic palaces, 3. the gothic chapel, 4. a look out terrace over the exposition area. There are expozitions of history of the colonization of the castle hill, of middle age judiciary and art.
http://www.referaty.sk/index.php?referat=2171 - www.referaty.sk/index.php?referat=2171